Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Plans for this Blog of My Fasting Experiences - Before, During, and After Pictures and Blood Work

I know I left you all hanging on my story and words with my original post about fasting a couple of hours ago...mwuahahaha. ;)  In the meantime, I have been brainstorming to come up with relevant ways to show real evidence that fasting is great for the body. So far, I have decided that there are a few options in doing this.


First, I think I will do a before/after (and possibly a few during) picture of my intermediate fasting for this blog. This way...people can see the difference in my nails, hair, skin complexion, my smaller size, etc.  In addition to this, I plan on writing about my fasting experiences and feelings. There may also be a way to scan my before/after blood work so that I we can all hopefully visually see a change (whether be it for the better or worse) in my high triglycerides and elevated liver enzymes.  Also, would like to put up my chart or simply a periodic update regarding things like my weight loss numbers with fasting and my decreasing blood pressure and/or heart rate which would obviously be indicative of positive results.


I prefer the shorter fasts since I am on medications for the above mentioned conditions.  And, have noticed a cleansing effect on my system with merely a 24-48 fast.  After I broke my first fast, I immediately was able to go to the bathroom after what was almost a week of constipation.  Let's just day that it turned out that there was a bunch of gelatinous junk clogged up in my system...ummm. Sorry if you weren't expecting those details...lol.  It's just I prefer this blog to be real with you as possible. :)


Does anyone else have any suggestions?  Me = open to any comments and thoughts.  I plan on beginning my 1 day a week fast....which will be this Tues., Feb 8th, 2011.  Anyone want to join in with me on this beginning 24-hour/day fast.  I plan on doing only Tues...but may try for Wed. too, if I can get a support group going on it.  We need each other!!! :)

2 comments:

  1. If you eat a sunfood diet you won't ever *need* to fast to stay healthy, although I do believe fasting has physical and spiritual benefits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Phoenix Muse...the sunfood diet sounds great! I love hearing about what other people are doing, esp. when it has worked for them and others. I am only fasting 1-2 days a week b/c it is best for me since I am already on medications for various health problems.

    On my "non-fast" days I am eating primarily raw foods and green smoothies b/c I also believe there is such power and much antioxidants in our natural foods. So, am believing that the combination of these two methods (fasting with intermediate fasting) will work.

    What are your favorite foods and/or recipes? I am always open to tried and true foods...and I live for blended concoctions or new types of salads!

    ReplyDelete