Wednesday, February 2, 2011

The Fasting Fat Girl

I am now on Twitter as FastingFatGirl (my user name) if you want to add me to see my progress.  By doing this....you'll get to read my tweets that are linked back to here....and more easily keep up with my weight loss and health benefits. I am starting out DAY ONE fasting on Tuesday, February 8th!  I really need to lose weight as you can see by this ridiculous before picture here on my blog.  Wow...cannot wait to detox my body with a 1-2 day fast each week. I want to fit into all my clothes again!!! :P 


The time and energy invested in this blog and my readers will hopefully be of great encouragement.  There will also be accountability in knowing that I want to be putting up some slimmer pics of me on this blog as I go along this path.  Most importantly, if we can try to support each other in our fasting weight loss goals...it will be soooo much easier on all of us that are doing these fasts. I'll be updating my blog Weekly or more often to let ya know how things are going.


Keep in mind, that on my 1 day a wk. fast I will be water and/or juice fasting only.  There will be NO food of any kind.  But, on my 6 days of normal eating, I am not planning on gorging myself and wrecking my newly adopted eating habits. :P


I will be eating lots of salads, steamed veggies, and fruits.  I will be going easy on the breads, sweets, and processed foods, on my "non-fast" days.  So, it goes without saying that strict portion control will also play a part in eating of any richer foods.


I would be remiss if I did not share what some of my healthy friends (who fast regularly) have said in words of wisdom about how to accomplish a once a week fast. For instance, it is important to consult your doctor before beginning any diet, fasting, or exercise program.  So, I will be posting a couple of those VERY important blogs for those that are new to fasting and don't know how/where to start.  I will post 1-2 times this week to share with other people on how to get jump started on this together!

No comments:

Post a Comment